[mythtv-users] Mechanical cable splitter

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:06:25 UTC 2007

I've read that there is a way to set a PVR-250 to write to the screen
"instantly" by skipping the encoding on the card and using it like a basic
frame grabber.  I read this in the context of making it work for use as a
display for a video game console.  I don't remember the specifics, but I
believe it involved something to do with ivtv to make it work.  I know this
is vague, but I'm hoping it will jog someones more knowledgeable memory.
I'm also not sure what this would do to the performance of a myth system (or
if it could even work at all) but if it were done on a sufficiently powerful
system, perhaps it would be a way to reduce the lag involved.  Probably not
much chance of it working on a remote backend / local frontend setup, but on
a local backend/frontend system perhaps?