[mythtv-users] multirec supported tuner cards

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:20:03 UTC 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 8:09 AM, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:

> does anyone else know for certain  ( or where it's documented ) on what the
> muiltirec enables exactly?
>

> jack

Read this, and its various links

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex

Two main features of multirec are.
    Two channels on the same multiplex can be recorded on on tuner.
In my case PBS has 6-1,6-2,6-3,6-4.  All four could be recorded at
once with a single tuner.
    Back to back recordings on the same channel will seamlessly
overlap with a single tuner, rather than causing the tuner to stop
recording the first show and then start recording the second show.
This is the feature I'm looking forward to.

I think the multiple channels on the same multiplex is a bigger deal
in Europe where they have satellite feeds with many channels in the
same multiplex.  This also seems to be where the development effort is
focused.

Billy
PS I don't have the right cards so it doesn't work for me.  I was in
your boat about 3 months ago trying to figure out if I could use it.