[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs nowavailable

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 18:23:29 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 6:00 PM, Brian Vermilion <brian.vermilion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been unable to get Xebian updated to the 2.6 kernel (ie Etch i
> believe) with my softmoded xbox. I have trouble with the linuxboot.cfg
> and the proper parameters to get it working. Get kernel panic. If you
> are able to get myth and xebian updated post the process you used if
> you could.

My understanding of the problem is that the 2.6 kernel doesn't have
support for the FATX filesystem.  Since you have said you are using a
softmodded XBox, that suggests to me that you are running Xebian as an
image on your XBox's F-drive.  (I'm doing the same thing).

Alas, this means that we are both stuck with a 2.4 kernel.

I think those people running other OSes like Ubuntuu must have their
Linux OS completely take over their XBox HDDs, thus allowing them to
avoid the FATX filesystem and thus use a 2.6 kernel.

To anyone out there, if I'm wrong, please correct me... and please
educate me on how to set that up.