[mythtv-users] Can mythrename.pl work with multiple storage locations?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 16 21:02:13 UTC 2007

On 11/16/2007 02:59 PM, Jon Larson wrote:
> I'm running 20.2--so I don't use the multiple storage locations feature
> in SVN. I have three backends each with their own local recording
> storage, and I use a 'crossbar' architecture of NFS shares so that each
> BE has access to all recordings.
>
> This works well enough for scripts, but it's somewhat problematic when I
> want to access a particular recording directly via NFS/SMB share, since
> I have to hunt through each servers' recordings to find the desired file.
>
> I'd like to run mythrename.pl with the --link function and have it
> create an 'aggregate' folder with symlinks pointing to multiple BE's.
> The problem is that mythrename is programmed to only operate locally,
> and to delete existing symlinks in the target dir (which prevents me
> from just running it once on each machine).
>
> Has anyone done this already, or can anyone provide suggestions?

Comment the line that deletes the symlinks and make a script that calls
mythrename.pl with appropriate arguments.  On one host, make that script
delete the directory structure containing the links, then run
mythrename.pl.  On all other hosts, ensure that mythrename.pl runs a
minute or so after it does on the first host and don't delete the links.

> How
> does mythrename work with the multiple storage locations feature in SVN?

It's much more than just working with multiple storage locations.  You
need full Storage Groups support, so it's not back-port-able...

Mike