[mythtv-users] multirec supported tuner cards

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 21:50:28 UTC 2007

jack snodgrass wrote:
> Is there a list of supported  ( or should work / does work ) tuner
> cards that work
> with the multirec stuff?

I'm also interested in the answer to this question, particularly
regarding USB DVB-T dongle-type tuners.

A year ago I tried a Freecom USB DVB-T tuner, but I found out that it
had a built-in limitation such that it wouldn't send more than one
stream within a mux to the host PC, meaning that VDR and multirec-myth
couldn't take advantage of it.

I also had trouble tuning it - I had to tweak the frequency numbers away
from the defaults according to the Oxford/Beckley transmitter in the
dvb_scan stuff, although my PCI-based tuner worked fine on the defaults.
I think again this was a bug/limitation of the Freecom device. This
surprised me as I've heard other people praise the Freecoms.

If anyone knows of a rock-solid, multirec-capable, non-external-PSU
DVB-T USB tuner then I would be very interested to hear it. I have very
few accessible internal slots in my small case, so would prefer USB.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T