[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 17 00:43:36 UTC 2007

On 16 Nov 2007 at 10:11, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 02:37:15PM +0000, Nicolas Will wrote:
> > This is a choice between loosing a bit of reliability based on
> > hardware disks (LVM itself is quite a stable thing) and software
> > reliability by going outside of my package management system.
>
> LVM itself is pretty reliable.  But if a drive falls out of your VG,
> you're screwed.  Hard.

it's been since March now. Believe him when he tells you...
it was so unfixable that I would have gone out and bought a
commercial hard drive video recorder - if they were still making
them. finally we just bought a new drive and did a brand new install.
I still have 3 drives full of programs, avis, all my old install
files, and other misc. stuff, that are, so far, unmythable.
--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it