[mythtv-users] gutsy install GANT no text in menues

John Brown info at johnbrown.com.au
Sat Nov 17 02:14:07 UTC 2007

I solved this problem by creating a symbolic link
/usr/share/mythtv/Arial.ttf linked to
/usr/share/fonts/trutype/msttcorefonts/Arial.ttf

I assume there is a better solution though, because this does help me
get Arial etc. in OpenOffice.

John

John Brown wrote:
> msttcorefonts MS is installed. I tried re-installing it but it made no
> difference. I likewise tried reinstalling defoma and x-ttcidfont-conf,
> with the same stunning lack of effect.
>

> I then noticed that I can't see Arial in OpenOffice either.
>
> xorg.conf didn't contain any FontPath entires so I added the following:
>
> Section "Files"
> 	FontPath	"var/lib/deforma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
> EndSection
>
> ... but again, it made no difference to either MythTv or OpenOffice.
>
> Ideas?
>
> John
>

> David George wrote:
>> On 11/12/2007 06:53 AM, John Brown wrote:
>>> I have just done a fresh install of ubuntu gutsy on an AMD64 and
>>> installed mythtv frontend and backend
>>>
>>> With GANT selected I get the icons but no text in the menus. Any odea
>>> why? I have tried reinstalling, to no avail.
>>>
>>> If I switch to "Blue" everything works OK, but I don't really like that
>>> theme.
>>>
>> I don't know if it is the same issue in gutsy, but the archives have a
>> lot of messages on missing text in gant.
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=forum_1&search_string=gant+no+text&search_type=AND
>>
>> Basically the MS core fonts may not be installed.  IIRC, G.A.N.T. uses
>> the Arial font.

Dr John Brown, PhD(Clin.Psych) MAPS
Psychologist
Mobile: 0429 455 504