[mythtv-users] Mythtv is already using all available inputs firewire

Bob Garlin rgarlin at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 02:46:31 UTC 2007

I had MythTV running with with no issues on Edgy, but since I needed to
upgrade to use schedules direct, I re-built my Mythtv server. Since I've
re-built it, I've tried Edgy, Feisty and now with MythBuntu and every
time I try to watch live TV I get the following error:

MythTV is already using all available inputs.

I don't have any recording going and even if I try to select a show to
record, when I select save, it never saves it to be recorded. I'll call
the cable company, Comcast, to make sure they didn't block the firewire
port, but it would be strange if they blocked the firewire port the same
time I re-built the MythTV server. Has anyone experience this error with
Myth version 0.20.20070821-1, when everything worked fine with older
versions.

Any thoughts and help is appreciated.

Bob