[mythtv-users] DVB not recording

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 17 03:16:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 04:20:37PM -0800, Barry Quiel wrote:

> For whatever reason while I was watching Bones, The Unit failed to
> record.  MythTv seems to think it was recorded.  It creates an entry in
> the database and I can see it in my list of recorded programs.  But
> there is no file on the file system.  The backend log show that it
> started recording the program, but there are no errors indicating that
> it failed the record.

Odd, that sounds exactly like the problem myself and others
are having. See the thread started on Oct 30, "pcHDTV HD3000
stops receiving".

If it's the exact same problem, you would not be able to
watch TV from that tuner card either. It would say, "0% -
no lock".

The only thing in common seems to be the use of DVB.

It seems that everyone is fixing it by creating a cronjob
and reloading the mythbackend and (for me) the cx88-dvb
kernel module. I do it every morning. I don't know
what you're going to do if the problem occurs between a
good recording and a bad one. (It would be nice if myth
could detect the condition and reload the driver for us.)

I've also heard that the drivers at linuxtv.org are better.
I'm trying to get those working.

Anyways, it might be helpful in fixing this if you could
narrow down what is common in your set-up with the stuff
in that other thread.