[mythtv-users] DVB not recording

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Sat Nov 17 13:34:26 UTC 2007

Barry Quiel wrote:

> I read that thread and unfortunetly there isn't much similarity to
> hardware/setup.  The only thing in common is that nothing is being
> recorded, and its related to DVB only.  Different version of Myth,
> different kernels, different hardware.  My Kworld card uses the saa7133
> module which is included in the kernel ( 2.6.20-1.2944 ).  I looked on
> linuxtv.org and I didn't see an updated version of that driver.
>
> The thing that is frustrating is that the box has been working fine
> since I installed the card in the beginning of September.  The only
> thing that has changed since then was the addition of another hard drive.

Adding the extra hard drive might have pushed your power supply over the
edge, and the DVB card is failing as a result. Do you have more than 1TB
of data total on both drives? If not, you might want to consider
consolidating all of your data onto the 1TB drive, and removing the
160GB entirely, at least as a test for a couple weeks. If that solves
the problem, try upgrading your power supply.

- Marc