[mythtv-users] How to record from a specific source ?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:37:07 UTC 2007

mythtv dynamically decides which input should be used to be able to
prevent overlapping between recordings. the most important value for a
input choice is a "priority", which can be changed in mythtv-setup.

add a higher priority for that input and add higher priority for the
specified recording. mythtv will take the input with the highest
priority for the recording with highest priority.

it does not work so simple as I explained it, but that should be enough.

M.

2007/11/17, lanas <lanas at securenet.net>:
> On Friday, 16 Nov 2007 18:35:44 -0500,
> lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote :
>
> >   I have two inputs on the PVR500.  One from digital cable (i.e.
> > channel 3, composite input), the other from straight cable.  I want to
> > manually set a recording time for the composite input. but there seems
> > to be no such option but a choice of channels.  Is it possible at
> > all ?
>
> What I did in the end was to remove a connection from MythTV setup so
> that only the compositie (i.e. digital cable box) remains.  This assured
> that the channel 3 specified in manual recording was indeed the channel
> 3 from that specific input.
>
> But that's awkward.  Shutting down the frontend and backend to run
> mythtvsetup, etc...  And afterwards adding back tuner 1.
>
> I'm quite surprised that a choice of inputs is not offered when
> scheduling a recording.  It assumes that all inputs are from the same
> source and that's a bit surprising in the Linux world where modularity
> is a strong aspect.
>
> Or perhaps I'm missing something completly.  It surely does not seem
> obvious from the user menus.  How would you schedule a recording from a
> specific input of a multi-input TV card ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Al

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche