[mythtv-users] Deleting Tuner Cards from mythtv-setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 17 22:33:57 UTC 2007

On 11/17/2007 05:28 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> Even with 4 cards it takes just 2 or 3 minutes to put them back.
> Then rescan for channels, delete the unwanted channels and renter the
> XMLTV id's :)

He never said, "Delete all video sources."  Channels have /nothing/ to
do with capture cards.

(And, really, 2-3 minutes is a /very/ conservative estimate for
re-creating capture cards.  I could delete all video sources and all
capture cards, re-create video sources, re-scan channels, re-create
capture cards, and re-connect inputs in 2-3 minutes.  Then, it would
take a couple of minutes to fix xmltvid's after the rest is
done--though, since I've done it once before, I'd pull that from a backup.)

Mike