[mythtv-users] Deleting Tuner Cards from mythtv-setup

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Nov 17 22:41:27 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/17/2007 05:28 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>> Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Even with 4 cards it takes just 2 or 3 minutes to put them back.
>> Then rescan for channels, delete the unwanted channels and renter the
>> XMLTV id's :)
>
> He never said, "Delete all video sources."  Channels have /nothing/ to
> do with capture cards.
>
> (And, really, 2-3 minutes is a /very/ conservative estimate for
> re-creating capture cards.  I could delete all video sources and all
> capture cards, re-create video sources, re-scan channels, re-create
> capture cards, and re-connect inputs in 2-3 minutes.  Then, it would
> take a couple of minutes to fix xmltvid's after the rest is
> done--though, since I've done it once before, I'd pull that from a backup.)

Easy for you to say, from a US perspective. Trust me, in the UK, if I have to do
anything which requires changing/moving/deleting etc a tuner, it will probably
result in *at least* an afternoon's work. And I probably won't get it right
first time, since I have not yet found (or heard of) any way of automating the
process.

Mike Perkins