[mythtv-users] Deleting Tuner Cards from mythtv-setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 17 22:46:23 UTC 2007

On 11/17/2007 05:41 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> (And, really, 2-3 minutes is a /very/ conservative estimate for
>> re-creating capture cards.  I could delete all video sources and all
>> capture cards, re-create video sources, re-scan channels, re-create
>> capture cards, and re-connect inputs in 2-3 minutes.  Then, it would
>> take a couple of minutes to fix xmltvid's after the rest is
>> done--though, since I've done it once before, I'd pull that from a backup.)
> Easy for you to say, from a US perspective. Trust me, in the UK, if I have to do
> anything which requires changing/moving/deleting etc a tuner, it will probably
> result in *at least* an afternoon's work. And I probably won't get it right
> first time, since I have not yet found (or heard of) any way of automating the
> process.

I have only OTA digital channels.  I did say, scan for channels in
there.  What'd different between that and non-US?  Either way, you use
mythtv to scan for channels, then you fix the xmltvid's.  I'm not using
the SchedulesDirect/mythfilldatabase approach to create channels since
that's not the right approach for digital channels.

Regardless, the OP doesn't need to delete video sources, so it's not
hard to recreate capture cards and reconnect inputs.

Mike