[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode help

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Sun Nov 18 03:06:26 UTC 2007

Per the list, I have been trying to use 'mythtranscode --buildindex' rather
than 'mythcommflag --rebuild' but am having some trouble.

I believe --buildindex should be passed during the transcode line, so here's
what I have in the script (slightly modified from the version found in the
wiki)

mythtranscode -c $CHANID -s $STARTTIME --honorcutlist --showprogress --mpeg2
--buildindex -o $VIDEODIR/$FILENAME.tmp

What's wrong with the above command?  All the variables are correct and
correct syntax.  The line works as expected if the '--buildindex' tag is
removed.  What am I doing incorrectly?

When I run the line

Mythtranscode --buildindex -i $FILENAME

It starts telling me the % completed and frames per second.  I assumed it
was using the "Default" transcoding profile and transcoding my recording
(which I do not want, I want it as mpeg2).  Can someone explain how to use
this flag correctly?