[mythtv-users] DVB not recording

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 18 16:31:15 UTC 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 08:55:14PM -0800, Barry Quiel wrote:

> So I thought maybe the cable company had moved some of the channels.  I
> could lock on to some but not others.  So I rescanned and re-added the
> channels.  Now it just looks like I can not consistently lock on to one
> multiplex.  Some times it locks and some times it doesn't
>
> The Myth OSD is showing:
> Signal 99% | S/N 4.8DB | BE 56 | (La_) Partial Lock
>
> Could someone tell me what BE and (La_) mean.
>
> Kevin - Are you seeing something similar when you can't lock a channel?

When my problem happens, it says "Signal 0% ... (L____) ? lock".
I don't remember if its "no" lock or "partial" lock.

Just an update: resetting the system each morning is *not* working.
Apparently, there's a small chance that any recording will put it
into this state. It sure would be nice if some myth expert could
atleast tell us precisely what goes on when a channel is changed.
Nothing ? A fimware download ?