[mythtv-users] lirc not changing channels

K Barter kbarter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:18:32 UTC 2007

I had to reinstall MythTV yesterday because of a bad hard drive.  I took the
opportunity to change to using MythBuntu instead of Gentoo.

Everything was up and working perfectly, with the exception of lirc.

I cannot get lirc to change the channel on my set top box, and I cannot
figure out why.

I am using the IR blaster from http://www.irblaster.info/ to control an
RCA/Thomson IP1000 box from Telus.  It was all working under Gentoo, and as
near as I can tell, the set up is now the same on the new install of
MythBuntu as it was under Gentoo.

When I try to change channels, the LED flashes, but the signal is not
received by the set top box (channel does not change).

lircd.conf is the same as it was under Gentoo, and I have read all that I
could find on this elsewhere, but nothing has helped.

Can anyone suggest what steps I can take from here to troubleshoot the
issue?

Thanks,

Kevin