[mythtv-users] MythTV/TiVo integration

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Mon Nov 19 09:27:04 UTC 2007

On 11/19/07, Neil Dunbar <neil.dunbar at pobox.com> wrote:
> Next question on TiVo mucking around:
>
> Got a TiVo series 1, upgraded with network connection, and God knows how many
> TiVo hacks. Now, I can use mplayer et al to stream stuff to a random computer
> from the TiVo.
>
> Question: has anyone used a TiVo as a IP recorder from MythTV? I have a hunch
> it can be done - it might need a little Tcl hackery to provide the right
> behaviour to the Myth box, but it seems it might be a fun experiment.
>
> Anyone done this before I go code-digging?

I doubt anyone has done it.  You COULD likely do some funky-ness by
setting up a dummy recorder and doing tomfoolery with the channel
change scripts.

WHY though?  Using the tivo as a frontend is a "I can see why"
prospect.  This is just plain silly seeing how cheap analog tuner
cards with svideo-in are, seeing as that's all a tivo is for capture.