[mythtv-users] MythTV/TiVo integration

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Nov 19 10:55:18 UTC 2007

Neil Dunbar wrote:

> I suspect the real answer would be to get a Dreambox DVB-C rather than the
> Virgin Media cable box, then hook that up to Myth as another tuner, rather
> than trying to use the TiVo as a slave recorder. Trying to get the TiVo
> operating from two distinct control points (its own remote and MythTV) is
> probably a mistake, with the possibility of conflict.

??? I didn't think it was possible to hang any kind of card on a Virgin cable
line. Are you telling me this is really possible? Cable operators in the UK, so
far as I know, are under no obligation to provide services in the way that those
in the US are, they can do their own thing with regard to frequencies, encoding,
etc.

I would be delighted to sling our crappy STB and replace it with a Mythtv card.
Just tell me how!

Mike Perkins