[mythtv-users] Two Nova-T cards not working together

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:06:35 UTC 2007

I am trying to set up a MythTV box and it has all been going very well
until I've tried to add a second tuner card.

I'm using two Hauppage Nova-t terrestrial digital decoders. Identical models.

The relevant output from lspci

Code:

00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Unknown device 9002
        Memory at e5000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video
and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. Unknown device 9002
        Memory at e2000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

Both cards work if they are in the machine by themselves but when they
are both in at the same time, one of them can never get a lock when it
is being tuned in.

I am using Mythbuntu. It automatically set up the tuner cards with the
cx8802 driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks