[mythtv-users] MythTV/TiVo integration

Neil Dunbar neil.dunbar at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 11:56:26 UTC 2007

On Mon 19 Nov 2007 11:33:46 Justin Hornsby wrote:

> People who are using unofficial cable equipment in the UK are not only
> violating the T&Cs of their contract - they're also usually trying to
> avoid paying for their TV.  Cable theft is (and should be) taken very
> seriously.

Maybe - but let's just get this straight - I'm neither advocating illegal
action, nor condoning it. It is certainly illegal to attempt to use such
machinery to avoid subscription charges. It is not however *illegal* to use
unofficial hardware per se (ie, to get channels for which you are lawfully
entitiled to). It may be a contract violation which will entitle Virgin Media
to stop service to a location.

Providing SoftCAM information and all that stuff is certainly out of order. I
don't approve of such behaviour, and apologise if people got the impression I
was punting it.

Cheers,

Neil