[mythtv-users] DVB not recording

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:50:30 UTC 2007

> > So I thought maybe the cable company had moved some of the channels.  I
> > could lock on to some but not others.  So I rescanned and re-added the
> > channels.  Now it just looks like I can not consistently lock on to one
> > multiplex.  Some times it locks and some times it doesn't
> > The Myth OSD is showing:
> > Signal 99% | S/N 4.8DB | BE 56 | (La_) Partial Lock
> > Could someone tell me what BE and (La_) mean.
> > Kevin - Are you seeing something similar when you can't lock a channel?
> When my problem happens, it says "Signal 0% ... (L____) ? lock".
> I don't remember if its "no" lock or "partial" lock.
> Just an update: resetting the system each morning is *not* working.
> Apparently, there's a small chance that any recording will put it
> into this state. It sure would be nice if some myth expert could
> atleast tell us precisely what goes on when a channel is changed.

Interesting I was about to post with the same/similar problem.  After
I restart the machine randomly some of my cards do not work properly
and they display (L___).  If I go to mythsetup and rescan the channels
everything starts to work again until I reboot and then randomly it
may work but one or more of my cards will display (L__) again.  If I
rescan everything works again.

At first I though it was because my DVB cards were being detected in
different orders after each boot (using Mythbuntu 7.1 with latest
fixes update) but as all cards tune in with the same details I only
have one input source so I do not think this is the problem.  I have
tried to fix the detection order but as these are DVB cards I do not
think you can anyway and as two of the cards are the same these can't
be fixed anyway by the looks of things.

I am thinking of seeing if the contents of the database change between
reboots and rescanning to see if something is corrupting the tuning
data.