[mythtv-users] Playing AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS directories

Ben Ward mythtv at crouchingbadger.com
Mon Nov 19 13:50:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 18, 2007 5:13 PM, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> On the same topic, I haven't tried it, but would it be possible to
> read such a directory from another machine (eg. nfs mounted) and play
> it on the front end ?  Will network data transfer on a unburdened local
> net be fast enough to supply data for the player ?

Yes, it's what I use at the moment.  Wifi access is flaky to non-existent,
so investing in a Homeplug powerline adapter was one of the best things I
did for my frontend.  The frontend automounts an NFS share over the network
and uses this to show videos/recordings etc.  Not actual VIDEO_TS files
(they come from my ntfs-3g external drive), but the concept is surely the
same with vlc.

Is this what you meant?

--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com