[mythtv-users] Internal DVD-player menu problems

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Mon Nov 19 16:46:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 10:12:37PM +0200, Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
> I'm running svn version, and after recent update I noticed that internal
> DVD-player acts strange.
>
> With many DVD's , menus are not showed correctly. Sometimes I can only
> see "selector" picture, rest of screen is blank.
>
> For example, picture is blank, but when I press left button, I see
> arrow, what leads to next page on the menu. So, I must navigate through
> menus blind, and try to get movie started.

I saw this with a recent SVN.  However, the most recent SVN seems to have
fixed that issue.  I have noticed that, with some DVDs, when you return
to the menus after watching the movie/television show the frontend is
locked and I have to kill and restart the frontend.  It doesn't happen
with all DVDs but is reproducible with the DVDs that do have this
problem.

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.