[mythtv-users] OT: Portable Media Players & MythTV (Archos 605)

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Nov 19 22:09:30 UTC 2007

    Are there any portable media players (like the Archos 605
perhaps) that will allow me to directly use all of my current
MythVideo files without any transcoding? Can an Archos 605 play
one of my h264/mp3 avi files without any monkeying around beyond
perhaps changing the fourcc code on the file.

    If I could just play the files even without altering the
fourcc code that would be too cool.

    Large laptops that overheat in your lap and cook you in your
seat and dont have enough battery life are not cool. '-)

    A smaller laptop that can handle h264 would do the trick too.
Mebbe one with one of those swivel screens.

    Does anyone here have an Archos 604 or 605?