[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Nov 20 11:04:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 05:55 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> You know that the myth_archive_job.pl script can be run for
> you--either
> as a user job or a cron job.

Sure I do, but I like things simple without custom stuff like that.

KISS !

> Yep.  The directory you specify for your recordings directory is the
> only reference to the location of the recordings.  I highly recommend,
> though, that you change values through the UI, not directly in the DB.

So using the UI will just change the DB entry and will not try to move
things around or do any cross-referencing at all.

I shall move the files, avoid the use of soft links and of a script.

I shall be looking forward a great .21 release when it is ready and when
it has been packaged by the Mythbuntu team.

Thanks to all !

nico