[mythtv-users] ira-3 receiver and URC-6131remote

Bruce Taber brutab at verizon.net
Tue Nov 20 11:58:48 UTC 2007

Matt Lane wrote:
> All - I am using a ira-3
> <http://home-electro.com/ira3.php?osCsid=d52a36f8c57c526e7e17ff2adebaf1fb&osCsid=d52a36f8c57c526e7e17ff2adebaf1fb>
> with a One-for-all 6131. I have followed the instructions here
> <http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php>, here
> <http://www.vulturesnest.net/mythtvremote.html>, and the first 2 steps
> here <http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/1709>.
>
> dmesg | grep lirc gives me:
>
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
>
> lsmod | grep lirc gives me:
>
> lirc_i2c               11780  0
> lirc_serial            15104  1
> lirc_dev               16292  2 lirc_i2c,lirc_serial
>
> irw gives me this in the message log:
>
> Nov 19 22:46:58 myth-fe1 lircd-0.8.2-CVS[2240]: accepted new client on
> /dev/lircd
> Nov 19 22:47:07 myth-fe1 lircd-0.8.2-CVS[2240]: removed client
>
> I get nothing on the command line when I hit buttons on my remote.
>
> My lircrc file header is:
>
> # lircrc.URC-6131/RC-5 (Hauppauge PVR-250)
> # 2004-01-25, Joe Votour
> # mailto:vulturej at vulturesnest.net <mailto:vulturej at vulturesnest.net>
> # Save this file in ~/.mythtv/lircrc, and make a symlink with ~/.lircrc
>
> My lircd.conf file header is:
>
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # contributed by Claas Langbehn (claas at bigfoot.com
> <mailto:claas at bigfoot.com>) 01-May-2000
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> #
> # filename: RC-5
> # encoding: shift encoded, RC-5
> # brand: Philips (and others)
> # model: all
> # supported devices: all
> #
> #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> When I run comport.exe <http://home-electro.com/download/comport.exe>
> from Windows, I get a red light on the receiver and output in the DOS
> box telling me the commands that it is receiving.
>
> Is anyone out there using a ira-3 that could point me in the right
> direction?
>
> I am running MythDora 4  (w/updated myth) as a frontend only with this
> setup.  It would seem that I am missing something simple but I am
> spinning my wheels.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I have a number of these units running on FC7 & FC8 using the Hauppauge
remotes. The lircd version is 0.8.3-CVS. Do you have the options for
lircd setup to use the irman driver?

[user at shuttle1 ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/lircd
# Options to lircd
LIRCD_OPTIONS="-H irman -d /dev/ttyS0"

Now, if I could figure out the Tira magic incantation things would be a
bit better.

Bruce