[mythtv-users] No Astra 2D channels with Nova-SPlus, STB shows them ok?

Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de
Tue Nov 20 13:14:20 UTC 2007

Mark Guz wrote:

> Maybe someone can point me in the direction of information that would
> explain why scan and mythtv won't lock onto transponders below 11700 Mhz V
> or H, all on astra 2D but dvbtune/dvbstream have no problems with locking
> on.
>
> I'm going nuts with this. I just can't get my head round it. If the signal
> is strong enough for one app to lock on, why can't the others?

I don't know why it doesn't work (I have the same problem). At least it
doesn't if I try to get the channels via "tuned scan". During the scan
process it says it can lock just fine, but not when I try to watch TV
afterwards.

It works better for me if I make a channels.conf with scandvb, edit all
unwanted channels out, and import it into mythtv.