[mythtv-users] blue faces in .wmv (not .mpg or .avi) with internal player, ok with mplayer

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:21:50 UTC 2007

On 11/19/07, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems the colors are out of whack for .wmv files when played with
> the internal player.
> No problem with .mpg or .avi files and the .wmv files play with
> correct colors with mplayer.
> I am using SVN trunk 14795.   I thought this was ok on at some point
> in the past probably
> on the fixes branch.
>
> Anyone else see this or know what might be the problem?

I see this. I'm running relatively recent SVN trunk (not sure of the
exact revision). I started seeing it a couple of weeks ago but I don't
know when it started exactly (I try to avoid wmv when I can). I do
recall that it used to work (also with SVN trunk).

I just assumed (with absolutely no proof to back it up) that it was
from one of the ffmpeg resyncs. I just switched to mplayer for wmv
files and haven't really thought about it since. Doesn't help to
actually fix the problem, though. :)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent