[mythtv-users] On nVidia 6200 can run SVIDEO TVOutFormat, can't run COMPONENT

Levander levander at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 20 19:52:47 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:
> That looks good to me as well.  I have a copy of my old config.  try to
> slap this in without modifying it.  I have it set up for 1080i.

Same thing, it doesn't work.  No picture at all.  I take out the "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT" line and I get black and white video on the television.  This is the same thing S-Video does.  So, I'm thinking you take out TVOutFormat, and you get S-Video.

This is the only interesting message I saw in Xorg.0.log.  Not sure if the GLX module would prevent COMPONENT video from working:

(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module.  If
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

> Also,  are you sure this card supports component out.  Did it come with
> the breakout box?

Here's the link to Leadtek's description of my card:

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?lineid=1&pronameid=189

Quote from it:

"Integrated HDTV encoder. Provides world-class HDTV-out functionality up to and including 1920x1080i resolutions."

I've just recently started seeing this phrase "breakout box".  I think I do have one.  It's a dongle thing that fits into the proprietary port on the back of the video card, and then on the other end of it you can plug in S-Video and component cables.  It's not a box though, it's just a cable looking thing which splits the signal coming out of the video card into component and s-video cables.  Is that what you mean when you say breakout box?

-Charlie