[mythtv-users] Cant record two channels simultaneously

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Tue Nov 20 20:09:36 UTC 2007

Today I noticed this problem first time (obviously I haven't never
recorded  two programs at same time earlier)

I have two DVB-T cards, dvb0 with conax card reader and dvb1 without
cardreader.

I have assigned dvb0 with video source named "ant1" and dvb1 with "ant2"

I have scanned channels with both card, and named them same for both.
Also channel numbers are set to same. In channel scanner I see every
channel twice, other for ant1 and another for ant2. But EPG shows
channels fine, not twice.

I have set ant2 record priority +1, because I don't want myth record
with dvb0, if dvb1 is available. Reason for that is that I can watch pay
channels with dvb0 (card reader)

Now I have scheduled two programs at same time, and myth seems to record
only one. For another program it says "conflict", even there is two
tuners. I can select "preferred input" ant1 for other and ant2 to
another, but it does not accept ant1, still says "conflict"

I also tried to drop record priority for ant2 to 0, but no help.

I believe this has something to do with my channelscanner and because
channels are there twice. But I can't figure, how to use same channels
for both cards? I can't assign more than one card to one video source.

What I'm doing wrong?
I'm using svn.

Thanks at advance

-kane