[mythtv-users] Playing ripped videos: out-of-sync audio at times

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:52:42 UTC 2007

ok, to clarify, my issue was mplayer was trying to use the x11 driver
instead of the xv driver when playing back over my pvr-350 card.  did not
effect mpeg recordings, but that was because the recorded videos use a
different player than the mythvideo was using.  Also I was using xvid
compressed avi files. YMMV.  I now, however have fixed the driver issue with
my pvr-350, and am able to play via the internal player, so this no longer
effects me.  thus my memory may be off, but maybe this can at least help you
narrow down some possibilities or spark a thought with other users who may
have encountered something similar.
--James