[mythtv-users] Newbie with a shopping list for review please

bryan bryan at bryansweb.com
Wed Nov 21 05:47:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

Below is my shopping list for my MythTV system or LinuxMCE sytem not sure
yet.

I will mostly be recording off of digital cable TV and moving some of my
movies on to the system for easy access, but I like the idea of having one
remote to control all of the audio/video gear. I am guessing this is done
with some sort of IR transmitter I don’t have on my list yet, what do I
need?

As for the list I am trying to build a low wattage/low heat system, any
recommendations or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Shopping list
1-ASUS M2NPV-VM Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
1-AMD Athlon X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz Socket AM2 Processor
1-Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Memory
1-CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX ATX12V V2.2 450W Power Supply
3-Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
1-Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-500 MCE Dual TV Recorder Tuner Card w/MCE Remote 253
PCI Interface
1-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model DH-20A4P-04
1-SILVERSTONE SST-LC17-B Black Computer Case