[mythtv-users] Newbie with a shopping list for review please

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Nov 21 08:29:11 UTC 2007

bryan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Below is my shopping list for my MythTV system or LinuxMCE sytem not sure
> yet.
>
> 1-AMD Athlon X2 BE-2400 2.3GHz Socket AM2 Processor

Don't forget to disable the cpu-fan alarm in the BIOS.

The fan of my BE-2350 only spins for some seconds every 5-10 minutes, and
this is with the stock cooler.

Until I found out, that that horrible buzz was the cpu-fan alarm when the
fan stopped, I almost brought my system back to the vendor for a RMA...

Yann