[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 21 14:36:01 UTC 2007

On 11/21/2007 09:21 AM, lanas wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 Nov 2007 06:14:47 -0500, "Michael T. Dean" wrote :
>
>>> So using the UI will just change the DB entry and will not try to
>>> move things around or do any cross-referencing at all.
>> Right.  It's still up to you to move the recordings to the new
>> location.
> I did a simple test by creating a /storage/otherVids directory and
> moving two movies in there.  After restarting Myth, the video listing
> still got the two moved movies but wouldn't play them.  All right.  I
> ran the video manager, specifying to delete all movies that are not
> found, after which the listing simply had two folders (videos and
> otherVids).  So this is quite OK but, all IMDB info of the moved movies
> was lost.  Is there a way to keep that info when doing such a move ?

You know, this entire thread was talking about moving recoridngs, not
about moving MythVideo videos.  Therefore, the advice wasn't relevant to
what you're trying to do.

Recordings are stored without location information in the DB.  Instead,
they all must live in the one recording directory specified in settings
(or, if using SVN trunk, must live in one of the directories in the
local storage groups).

MythVideo videos are stored with absolute paths in the DB.  If you move
the file, the path must be updated.  This may be possible through the
Video Manager (but it's been a long time since I've been in there, so I
can't say for sure without checking, but I'll let you check, instead).
If so, it's a one-by-one process.  To "move" them all, you'll probably
need to edit the DB data directly.

Mike