[mythtv-users] Playing ripped videos: out-of-sync audio at times

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Nov 21 14:36:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 20 Nov 2007 16:48:56 -0500,
"James Gutshall Jr" <warchildx at gmail.com> wrote :

> 1) I would verify cpu usage during playback. (remote ssh using top,
> etc). See if cpu usage is high.

For iso video files ripped by Myth, xine CPU use hovers around 65%.  For
mpeg files it hits a steady 102%.  Only with computers (and salesmen)
would you find something over the hundred percent I guess ;-)

Since I've never ran benchmarks on that I don't know if these cpu
usages are OK or not.

Are the TV settings 'Standard, libmpeg, xvmc' important in this case ?
It seems the images are flowing smoother with Standard or xvmc.

> 2) see if xine has a video out you can specify. (options are in
> database, or configured via mythweb, or via frontend - specific to
> each frontend).

I tried -V xmvc (in conjunction with the TV setting) but that did not
seem to change much.

Al