[mythtv-users] Multiple directories

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Wed Nov 21 14:50:58 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 21 Nov 2007 09:36:01 -0500,
"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote :

> You know, this entire thread was talking about moving recoridngs, not
> about moving MythVideo videos.  Therefore, the advice wasn't relevant
> to what you're trying to do.

> MythVideo videos are stored with absolute paths in the DB.  If you
> move the file, the path must be updated.  This may be possible
> through the Video Manager (but it's been a long time since I've been
> in there, so I can't say for sure without checking, but I'll let you
> check, instead). If so, it's a one-by-one process.  To "move" them
> all, you'll probably need to edit the DB data directly.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  For me, as new to MythTV as I am,
videos and recordings could very well be represented with a lot of
shared attributes, perhaps only with their physical representation
commanding a specific way of viewing them (eg. mounting an iso file
prior to viewing).

Thanks,

Al