[mythtv-users] Aopen MiniPC

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:06:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 8:53 AM, Giovanni Piccirilli <gpiccirilli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> has anyone installed MythTV on a MiniPC from AOpen with a remote control?
> What is the recommended HW configuration for such a device? I need to
> connect MythTV to a Digital Set-top box in Standard Definition. High Def is
> an option however. Thanks

you'd probably be better off buying a Mac mini if you're after that
form factor.  there are several ppl on the list that are using it
successfully (some even with OS X i believe).  and it works with HD
and a remote.  by the time you've upgraded the AOpen you're paying the
same as you would for a base mini, and with the mini you get an OS
that actually has resale value if you don't want to keep it. ;)