[mythtv-users] Symlink for /storage/videos ?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Nov 21 16:55:17 UTC 2007

> On Tue, November 20, 2007 7:20 pm, Levander wrote:
>> lanas wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>>   Is it OK to use a symlink for /storage/videos or will this mess
>>> something up ?  I plan to add another drive to the box.

No problems.

You just have to make sure to present your backend storage to the
frontends whatever you do. If something connects to this jumble
via NFS, it has to see the same jumble that the original system
does.

In my case, that means 4 NFS shares that contain mythvideo files.

/home/media/DVD
/home/media/DVD-Volume2
/home/media/DVD-Volume3
/home/media/DVD-Volume4

The other volumes point their files back to /home/media/DVD.

It's a little messy but it works fine in practice.