[mythtv-users] Astound Unencrypted Channels

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Nov 21 16:55:48 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> says:
> In fact, I'm considering deleting the broadcast stations from the
> firewire lineup. It would irritate me to watch compressed cable HD
> when OTA is available.

I've never seen any quality differences between the Astound cable and
OTA versions of the broadcast HD stations, and the file sizes of the
recordings from both sources bear this out. While I do have the OTA
inputs listed first in mythtv-setup so they will be used first
whenever possible, many times I have used both OTA and one or even
both cable boxes for broadcast stations.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6