[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl linking .mpg as .nuv

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Nov 21 18:04:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:45:41PM -0800, Jon Larson wrote:
> Perhaps you have different versions of the perl script on the different
> boxen somehow?  .nuv's were created by older versions of myth for MPEG2
> files from, say, Hauppauge cards.
>
>    I just don't see what is making the mythrename script believe that these
>    files are NUVs. As for different copies of mythrename, I've checked all the
>    boxen and mythrename appears thus on each one:
>    # $Date: 2006-02-27 23:40:08 -0800 (Mon, 27 Feb 2006) $
>    # $Revision: 9198 $

To recap for clarity: older versions of Myth called the file .nuv even
if it was an MPEG not in a NuppelVideo container; support scripts would
likely have followed along.

I *think* Feb '06 is old enough that that's your problem; diff the
script against one from the current distribution and see.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Witty slogan redacted until AMPTP stop screwing WGA