[mythtv-users] Compile problem with 0.20-fixes & Gutsy

Jouni jouni76 at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 21 18:18:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

After I did system update from Kubuntu Edgy to Gutsy (AMD64) I have not
been able to compile the SVN 0.20-fixes.

I think I have all dependencies (as I had them before update), and
configure passes ok.

Every time make stops at:

(...does lots of stuff...)
...-liec61883 -lavc1394 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXinerama -lXv -lXxf86vm
-lXrandr -lXvMCW -lXvMC -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lXext -lX11 -lm
-lpthread
../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.20.2.so: undefined reference to
`ff_cavs_find_frame_end'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mythfrontend] Virhe 1
make[2]: Poistutaan hakemistosta
"/usr/local/src/temp/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend"
make[1]: *** [sub-mythfrontend] Virhe 2
make[1]: Poistutaan hakemistosta "/usr/local/src/temp/mythtv/programs"
make: *** [sub-programs] Virhe 2

(in Finnish, but you get it ;)

I have done distclean, done clean svn checkup, removed previous files
from myth, have /usr/local/lib at /etc.ld.so.conf, no help.

And this is with my mythtv-box, with my desktop computer (with quite
similar AMD64 setup) the error is just the same after doing gutsy
update.

Have I messed some libs or am I missing something?

There are some other threads with similar "undefined reference"
-problems, but not solution for this.

Any ideas? I will post necessary logs etc.

Thanks,
Jouni

--
  Jouni