[mythtv-users] questions on using Mac Mini as remote frontend...

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:00:46 UTC 2007

My 1.66 Core Duo Mini is almost fast enough to play back 1080i.  I
see pretty consistent stuttering and the processor pegs.  If I turn
off "Scale Video as Necessary" in he TV playback settings, I can play
back 1080 content just fine.

All playback is over a standard wired connection

One thing I do see on both my mini and my 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo Macbook
Pro is occasional slowdown of video.  This is especially noticeable
when there are slow pans, every few seconds I see the video slow down
for a moment, then catch back up.   In most situations, it isn't
noticeable, but when it is, it's glaringly obvious.

There isn't anything wrong with the video files.  They play back just
fine in VLC.

Justin