[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour during Fast Forward

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Nov 21 21:15:42 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of gibble
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:55 AM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Odd behaviour during Fast Forward

Hello,

Sometimes, while watching a show, some commercials aren't flagged properly,
or while I'm watching buffered live tv they come on and I want to FF.  It
starts of 3x, 5x (etc...) anyhow, what happens, is instead of muting the
sound and just fast forwarding the video, it keep trying to play the sound
while it's speeding along, causing it to fast forward quite slowly, even on
120x, it might take 2 seconds to skip 5...because it jumps ahead, then stops
while it tries to play sound, then jumps ahead, then stops while it tries to
play sound.

It's rather annoying, and oddly, not a constant problem, but more frequent
than not.

With the commflagging being relatively inaccurate this season compared to
last, not being able to fast forward easily is really a bother.

Is or has anybody else encountered this?  And if so, any suggestions on
resolving it so it fast forwards properly.

Thankyou
-C