[mythtv-users] mythtranscode and cutlist

Chris Johns chris at lessthan3.org.uk
Thu Nov 22 01:24:54 UTC 2007

Hiya

I've been running MythTV pretty happily for some time now, and as a
result the hard drive is now full, and I'd like to save some shows off.

To do this, I've been trying to use mythtranscode to extract an MPEG
from some of my recorded shows, so I can archive them off somewhere and
free-up some disc space.

I've setup a cutlist using the Myth UI to chop off all the stuff before
and after the actual show (and remove any ads), and i'm then calling
mythtranscode directly from the command line to transcode the show.

What seems to happen is that "sometimes" the last frame (or few frames?) of
the original recording ends up in the transcode, despite the fact that a
"delete from this point" cut was in place before it.

I've not tracked down anything different about the cases where it does
or doesn't do it.

The recordings are all from UK Freeview, and I'm using MythTV 0.20 on a
Ubuntu (7.04) system.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Chris