[mythtv-users] Upgrading question

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 22 01:42:42 UTC 2007

I was thinking about upgrading my Myth box to the latest version, mainly
because I'd like to get the updated Mythweather.  I was looking around
on Axel's atrpms.net site and saw that the latest packages available for
FC6 are 0.20.2-168.fc6.  So, I checked my versions and found the following:
    mythfrontend -> 0.20.2-163.fc6
    mythbackend -> 02.20.2-163.fc6

With this, I have 2 questions:  1)  Whats the proper way to upgrade my
system?  Will 'yum update mythtv' work?  2)  How can I determine the
plugins versions?  Will updating via yum also update the plugins?

Thanks,
Harry