[mythtv-users] Aopen MiniPC

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Thu Nov 22 09:33:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:06:34 -0600, Andrew Close wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 8:53 AM, Giovanni Piccirilli <gpiccirilli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > has anyone installed MythTV on a MiniPC from AOpen with a remote control?
> > What is the recommended HW configuration for such a device? I need to
> > connect MythTV to a Digital Set-top box in Standard Definition. High Def is
> > an option however. Thanks
>
> you'd probably be better off buying a Mac mini if you're after that
> form factor.  there are several ppl on the list that are using it

Does the AOpen MiniPC have a way to get high speed transfers to
external hard disks, like eSATA? That's what I'm missing on my Mac
mini. There are USB 2.0 and standard Firewire interfaces, that reach
only a half of the transfer speeds of modern 3,5" hard disks. However,
that's the only big MythTV related disadvantage of the Mac mini that
I'm aware of.

Regards,
Tino