[mythtv-users] Remote key repeat on Nova-t-500 - Logitech Harmony

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Nov 22 10:54:25 UTC 2007

This has been a nagging issue. Not a show stopper, but now that the
system is quite stable, i'm willing to look at it.

The remote for the Hauppauge Nova-T-500 has no repeat whatsoever.

If you press the button and keep it that way, the card give one and only
one command.

I have tried the repeat=x option for my .lircrc file without any impact.

Is there anything that can be done about that?

As a work-around solution, there may be the Logitech Harmony avenue,
that may have been used by someone on the list.

I am a user of such a remote. the cool thing is that the on-line
database of devices for the Logitech setup tool knew about the remote,
no learning or IR codes was involved :o)

But it acts the same wrt repeat.

I have seen that there is some manual fine-tuning available on that
tool.

did anyone use it and manage to get repeated commands from the remote,
using a permanent key press, that way?

Thanks for your help,

I'll be posting the message on the linux-dvb list too, and cross-post an
eventual solution from them here.

Nico
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc