[mythtv-users] AAC 5.1 decode and analog playback

Mark Fink marksfink at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 13:13:05 UTC 2007

To Nick Rout's response, I will try-out muxing H.264/AC3 into an avi, and see how it goes.  Other folks who have done this have reported problems with the audio and video getting out of sync on playback, especially when they fast-forward or rewind.  But there may have been peculiarities in their setup.  If its not too time-consuming (relative to other options), and I don't have the sync issues, then I could certainly warm up to it.

Trouble is, I have no gear right now to test this stuff out and was looking for feedback on my thoughts before spending money.  And with the box that I plan to build, I want to leave my options open with these various ways of doing things, so if I have issues with one method, I can fall back on another.

Thanks for the feedback.

end