[mythtv-users] ira-3 receiver and URC-6131remote

Matt Lane lanewaves at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:33:52 UTC 2007

On 11/21/07, Bruce Taber <brutab at verizon.net> wrote:

> [root at shuttle1 ~]# stty -F /dev/ttyS0
> speed 9600 baud; line = 0;
> min = 1; time = 1;
> ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
> -opost
> -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
>
> The unconnected port displays:
>
> [root at shuttle1 ~]# stty -F /dev/ttyS1
> stty: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error.
>
> You need resolve which port you have actually connected the ira-2 device
> first. Then make those adjustments in the configuration.
>
> Bruce

Okay I'm getting there.  You were right, the com ports were messed up.  I
went into the BIOS and changed it to com3 and things started working.

Now I get:

[root at myth-fe1 mythtv]# stty -F /dev/ttyS2
speed 9600 baud; line = 0;
min = 1; time = 1;
ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel
-opost
-isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke

And the red light comes on when I do a irw though it doesn't display any
commands so I assume it is because I don't have a valid lircd.conf file so I
went to irrecord.

The light does comes on when I try to do a irrecord but I get:

Hold down an arbitrary button.
........irrecord: gap not found, can't continue

and nothing in my .irman file.  I am wondering if there is a valid
6131.irman file out there somewhere....